The Battle on the Bay event is excited on continuing its mission of providing a top tier lacrosse event within a challenging environment. We will maintain this consistency by targeting the most competitve progarms nationally and providing them with an opportunity to play for a Championship.
We are excited to announce GreyBird LLC, Charley Toomey and Dave Pietramala, have partnered with HoganLax starting in 2021, in an effort to maintain a high level of operational excellence.
Sunday October 31, 2022
There will be a Champion in each division.
Games will start at 8:00 or 9:00 am
All teams will play a minimum of 3 games. Top Seeds in each Pool will play an additional game for the Championship.
Kirkwood Sports Complex 1220 River Road New Castle, DE 19720
6 fields at one location
$1,395 per team per day if paid in full by Septebmer 15, 2022
$1,495 per team per day if paid in full on or after September 16, 2022
Half due at time of registration Full payment due October 1, 2022
2032, 2031, 2030, 2029, 2028, 2027
We are expecting a high level of competition within each division
2022 NCAA Rules and Regulations
- On flag down situation play continues until usual stoppage or defense gains possession. Ball can come out of the restraining box and play continues. If ball is loose and fouling team commits a technical foul, it is a time serving foul.
- Change of Possession Offside- Ball is re-started at location whistle blown.
- Time Outs- can only be called in offensive zone or during a dead ball.
- No horns. ·
- No “Keep it in” in last 2 minutes of game or if officials think a team is stalling.
- Instead, a “Timer On” call will be used. The offensive team must produce a shot on goal within 30 seconds of the “Timer On” call.
- You have 20 seconds to clear the ball over the midline · After 20 seconds of possession, the ball cannot cross back into your defensive half of the field, unless there is a change of possession.
- Sticks heads must either meet NCAA or Federation standards.
- Faceoff: 3 illegal procedures in a half by a team results in a 30 second penalty.
- SNG: Standing, Neutral Grip
- No Shot Clock · No Dive
2028 and 2029 Same Battle on the Bay rules as above with below exceptions:
- 37” is shortest stick permitted.
2032-2031 Same Battle on the Bay rules as rules above with below exceptions:
- No "take out" body checks. Body contact is allowed.
- No counts
- Longest pole is 60” in length. No more than 4 sticks between 44”-60.”
- Mercy rule, if a team is winning by 5 goals or more, the losing team will be awarded the ball after all goals at the faceoff x.
- Horns on sidelines and after flag down situations.
- EMO and EMD
Applicable to all games:
- 2 22-Minute Halves
- Overtimes o Pool Play: 1 4-minute period, 1 timeout per team
- Bracket Games, 1 non-timed period until winner, 1 timeout per team
- Time, penalty, and game kept at the scorer’s table
- Stop time last 2 minutes of game ·
- 1 Timeout per team, clock stops · Penalty time is stop-start
In the case of ties in the final standings for pool play, the following process will be used until all ties are broken and the seeding process is completed (ties will be broken in rank order beginning with the first procedure).
If more than two teams are tied for a pool or division seed, once one team is removed from the tie, the seeding criteria reverts back to the beginning of the procedure for the remaining teams tied.
Tie Breaker Procedure:
- Record vs Team(s) tied with.
- Total goals against teams tied with; only games where tied teams played each other.
- Goal differential teams tied with (goal differential will not exceed +/- 7 per game), only games involving teams tied with.
- Total goals against common opponents.
- Goal differential against common opponents (goal differential will not exceed +/- 7 per game).
- Goals against overall.
- Goal differential overall.
- Coin flip.
*Seeding in a 5 or 7 team pool in which the teams do not play everyone, pool seeding will be determined by:
- Winning percentage
- Goals against average
HoganLax divisional seeding will follow below criteria after pool seeding is determined.
- Seed in Pool.
- Overall Record.
- Goals Against Average.
- Goal Differential (goal differential will not exceed +/- 7 per game).
- Coin Flip
Half of registration fee is required to hold registration
Make full payment on or before September 15, 2022 cost is $1,395/team/day
Non Early Bird
Make full payment on or after September 16, 2022 cost is $1,495/team/day
We ask for all full payments be made by October 1, 2022
Checks and Credit Cards accepted. All credit cards will be assessed a 3% service charge fee.
Checks should be made out to GreyBird Lacrosse, LLC and mailed to :
GreyBird Lacrosse, LLC
150 Longfellow Drive
Millersville, MD 21108
2027 AA and A
Players must be in 8th grade or lower during the 2022-2023 School Year
2028 AA and A
Players must be in the 7th grade or lower during the 2022-2023 School Year
2029 AA and A
Players must be in 6th grade or lower during the 2022-2023 School Year
2030 AA and A
Players must be in 5th grade or lower during the 2022-2023School Year
Players must be in 4th grade or lower during the 2022-2023 School Year
Players must be in 3rd grade or lower during the 2022-2023 School Year
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a "festival" format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather and fields are playable. The directors of Battle of the
Bay, LLC reserve the right to cancel, shorten, or reschedule tournament games due to inclement weather, poor field conditions, or player and fan safety concerns. No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary. Field directors will communicate game changes. Schedule changes will be available at the Administration Tent and online at battleofthebaylax.com or Tourney Machinie.
If thunder or lightning is observed play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be asked to leave the fields to return to cars. Play will be allowed to resume 20 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning is observed which will be determined by the tournament medical staff. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. Subsequent games will begin immediately after preceding games. These games may consist of one 30 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Once games are back on schedule they will revert to “normal” tournament game time procedures.
- No team will receive a full refund.
- Partial refunds will be issued if the tournament is canceled in whole.
- Battle on the Bay Hoganlax.com will refund all but $250 for any team that registers and withdraws from the tournament prior to March 1 of the year of the tournament.
- No refund of any kind for any team that registers and withdrawls anytime on or after March 1 of the year of the tournament.
- No refunds will be issued if the tournament is shortened in part for any reason, including inclement weather or any other "Act of God."
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games are canceled due to weather.
- No refund for any team that is removed from the tournament by the tournament director for using illegal players or behavior that requires the team to be removed from the tournament.
- Battle on the Bay, LLC, its officers, employees and staff will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team, club or organization if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part. The Tournament along with local County or school officials reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the operation of the tournament and its judgment is final.